Program Details 2021*
Scheduled Car Maintenance ~ What / When / Where???
My crazy neighbor changes his engine oil once a year. My car has 150,000 miles on it and the shop is recommending a trans flush. Should I? Considering all the systems on our cars, it’s not easy to keep up with scheduled maintenance. Sometimes we think the car shop is just looking for ways to make more money. Let’s look at the most critical systems we should worry about. Let’s talk about “recommended” vs “required”. Let’s consider optional ways to reduce your maintenance costs and protect the manufacturer’s warranty. It’s really not that hard and Len can clear away all the smoke and mirrors.
My career history includes automotive technician, auto repair shop owner and auto parts store manager. As a lifelong "gearhead" and auto enthusiast, together with my son, we have owned and repaired go karts, motorcycles and too many cars and trucks to count. To me, a day spent in the garage is like a vacation. As an award winning member of Toastmasters International, I am thrilled to be invited back to your Mensa convention for my 6th year.
*Note: This program was offered last year and may or may not be offered again this year.
- Registration - Discounts for advanced registration are available through Friday, October 14th. (Note: Full payment is required by the appropriate deadline to qualify for the discount for which you registered. )
- Excursion - Sign up for the Excursion by Saturday, October 1st. Since space is limited, the deadline may move up depending upon demand.
- Vendor space - Please complete and submit a Vendor Application by Saturday, October 15th. If you have any questions after reviewing the Vendor Flyer containing all the details, contact the WeeM Vendor Liaison .
- Lodging - The hotel is offering a WeeM rate of $124 through Friday, October 7th, subject to availability. If the hotel block is full, please contact our WeeM Chair who will try to expand the block.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 23rd.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Thursday, September 15th.