Book and Informational Links
For the Serious Collector
- Since 1949, the Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America (ABAA) has been promoting ethical standards and professionalism in the antiquarian book trade in America.
- When the Folio Society was founded in 1947, it had a single, simple intention: “to produce editions of the world's great literature, in a format worthy of the contents, at a price within the reach of everyman”. Over fifty years later, with members all over the world, that aim has not changed.
- Bauman Rare Books is one of the world's largest and best-known rare books companies.
- The Advanced Book Exchange (ABE) connects dealers with collectors of rare, used, and out-of-print books.
- Alibris – Rare books, first editions.
- Here at BookCrossing.com, you'll find a vibrant and fast-growing global community of people who both love books and love sharing.
- Laissez-Faire Books – Libertarian writings on Abuse of Power, Economics, Free Speech, and Law.
- Project Gutenberg – Fine literature digitally republished. ". . . if you don't use what you get for free, it won't do you any good."
- How about moving to the overstuffed chair and settling down with a nice old magazine?
- Profession by Isaac Asimov, 1957
- The World Factbook brought to you by the CIA. Available for download or purchase.
- Read a classic that was banned or challenged. See the list at the American Library Association.
- Chicago Public Library
- Northwestern University library.
- People who use Best Book Buys can search over 20 bookstores simultaneously to find who's got a book at the lowest price.