Links Related to Intellectual Pursuits
- You will find both popular overviews and scholarly material on
everything related to observation selection effects, at the
Anthropic Principle: self-locating belief, and associated
applications and paradoxes in science and philosophy.
Anthropic Principle vs. Supernaturalism.
- New Scientist.
- James Randi Educational Foundation.
An educational resource on the paranormal, pseudoscientific, and the supernatural.
- The Sloan Science and Film.
A project funded by the Alfred P. Sloan
Foundation, features review of recent movies and a series of short
student films on such topics as wormholes, the patterns in pinecones
and sunflowers, and Ignaz Semmelweis, the 19th-century Hungarian
physician whose campaign to promote hand washing among doctors was met
with near-universal scorn. Requires Macromedia Flash.
- The European Space Agency
- All the math
you can handle.
- Physics and high-speed photography. A video
of fluid dynamics.
- Splash Projects
as well as some of the Student Photos.
- Bad Physics in
the Movies - Learn about science blunders in
such movies as Pearl Harbor, Titanic, Spider-Man and The Matrix.
- The Physics Classroom is
a high school physics tutorial, or just a nice refresher course. Or overcome your
fear of Physics.
- "For Dummies" Science
has a way for presenting material on various disciplines in a way that makes it both interesting
- Science Toys you can make with your kids. From Aerodynamics to Thermodynamics.
Be careful with that
magnetic linear accelerator.
- JPL Robotics
is NASA's lead center for creating robotic spacecraft
and rovers, building smart machines that can perform very complicated
tasks millions of miles from home.
- Deep Ocean Seismicity from Hydroacoustic Monitoring! Yesss!! Visit the
the Vents Program site.
- Understand the Rules of the World: Produced by the British
Institute of Physics, PhysicsWorld
reports on the latest research and includes
selections from the institute's semitechnical but lively magazine,
- The Federation of American Scientists.
Founded by members of the
Manhattan Project, FAS now "combines the scholarly resources of its
member scientists and informed citizens with knowledge of practical
- Nanotechnology Now.
The Gateway to Everything Nanotech.
- Explore the writing systems of cultures familiar and long vanished
at Ancient Scripts.
- Get the latest News on Rock Art, Archaeology, Anthropology, Human
Evolution and Migration at the Bradshaw Foundation.
- Ancient Anatomy 101.
Browse through 16th century anatomist Andreas
Vesalius's illustrated text on the human body.
- Meet some of the most brilliant
female mathematical minds in history. .
- A Tour of Mesopotamia.
Learn about the astronomers of Babylon, the
palaces of Assyria, and the royal tombs of Sumer, located in Iraq and
in neighboring regions around the Middle East.
The World, the Universe, and Everything
- A playground for thinkers:
- How much room do you have on your hard drive? Download the
- Use the JPL Solar System Simulator
to see what any planet, moon, or spacecraft looks like from any other.
- Is the Universe closed?
Some more equations from Mathpages.com.
- Begin your exploration of the amazing
- More Powers of 10
– View the Milky Way at 10 million light years from
the Earth. Then move through space towards the Earth in successive
orders of magnitude until...
- The Cosmos in a Different Light.
The Cosmos in a Different Light –
Discover how astronomers use various wavelengths of light and other
types of electromagnetic radiation to probe the depths of the
Vintage Computers and Calculators
- Numbers with Colors.
Lose your fear of math by toying with
computer graphics that display the beauty and symmetry hidden within
The site about Web oddities. NOT for sensitive readers. Content warning.
- Are you into REAL Futures Trading?
How about speculating on whether there exists an infinite number of pairs of primes differing by two?
- The Lost Cosmonauts.
Fascinating, intriguing, and a little eerie.
- Anyone up for a binaural experience? Run this
and see what happens.
- The Official Website of the Nobel Foundation.
- The Society of Primitive Technology
is a non-profit organization dedicated to the research, practice, and teaching of primitive