Program Details 2021*
Bird Brains: Flock Psychology
Domesticated fowl are often written off as feather brained, hen pecked, or just plain chicken. But what do their behaviors really mean? Explore the dynamics of flock psychology and learn about what these underestimated barnyard fowl really think!
Jennifer Murtoff is a chicken consultant in the Chicagoland area and helps chickens understand their owners a bit better—and vice versa. Her services include presentations for schools and community groups; classes for chicken keepers; writing for magazines and blogs; and providing on-site and remote consultations. This fall she will be participating as a guest in on-site visits with Purdue's poultry vet program. She is fluent in a few forms of human communication, as well.
*Note: This program was offered last year and may or may not be offered again this year.
- Registration - Discounts for advanced registration are available through Friday, October 14th. (Note: Full payment is required by the appropriate deadline to qualify for the discount for which you registered. )
- Excursion - Sign up for the Excursion by Saturday, October 1st. Since space is limited, the deadline may move up depending upon demand.
- Vendor space - Please complete and submit a Vendor Application by Saturday, October 15th. If you have any questions after reviewing the Vendor Flyer containing all the details, contact the WeeM Vendor Liaison .
- Lodging - The hotel is offering a WeeM rate of $124 through Friday, October 7th, subject to availability. If the hotel block is full, please contact our WeeM Chair who will try to expand the block.
- Room and/or Ride Sharing - Let us help match you up with another attendee who is also interested in sharing a room or ride by submitting your information by Sunday, October 23rd.
- Speaker/Tournament Submissions - The deadline to submit your proposal for a program or tournament for WeeM was Thursday, September 15th.